WHAT WE WANT
Horror | Science Fiction | Fantasy
Short stories and flash fiction
Blogs and essays
Please read THE FINE PRINT before submitting.
WHAT WE EXPECT:
- All submissions MUST represent speculative themes (Horror, Science Fiction, Fantasy, etc.).
- All submissions MUST be in proper manuscript format. If you don’t know, look it up.
- All submissions MUST be professional, polished, and well-edited.
- All submissions MUST meet the following size restrictions:
- Flash Fiction– 300-1000 words.
- Short Stories– 5,000 word maximum.
- Blogs and Essays– 3,000 word maximum.
WHAT WE DON’T WANT:
- Previously Published Work. Give us the new stuff.
- Fan Fiction. It’s great, but not our thing.
- Gratuitous Pornography, Unnecessary Violence, Political Extremism, or Hate Speech.
Email submissions as attachments to email@example.com
* Format– doc, docx, rtf, txt, odt
In the subject line, include your Full Name, Category, and “Title”.
e.g. John Brown, Fiction, “The Red Room”
In the body of the email, include a short query letter explaining what you have and why we want it, a word count, and a third-person author biography (with links to your personal pages or social media) of no more than 200 words.
*It is not necessary, but if you have a particular image that you would like to be used for your cover art, please include it!
Responses will come 1-2 weeks before the upcoming issue, see release schedule below.
- Spring Issue: April 1st
- Summer Issue: July 1st
- Fall Issue: October 1st
- Winter Issue: January 1st
SUBMIT A BOOK FOR REVIEW:
Email a query to firstname.lastname@example.org with information about your novel including Title, Genre, Publisher, Publication Date, Length, and Cover Art. If the book is approved, you will be contacted with further instructions.
*New, speculative fiction only.