-Submissions for our Summer ISSUE are now CLOSED–
WHAT WE WANT
Horror | Science Fiction | Fantasy
Please read the guidelines below before submitting
also, THE FINE PRINT
WHAT WE EXPECT:
- All submissions MUST represent speculative themes (Horror, Science Fiction, Fantasy, etc.).
- All submissions MUST be in proper manuscript format. If you don’t know, look it up.
- All submissions MUST be professional, polished, and well-edited.
- All submissions MUST meet the following size restrictions:
- Flash Fiction– 300-1000 words.
- Short Stories– 5,000 word maximum.
WHAT WE DON’T WANT:
- Off Theme Writing. Keep it speculative.
- Previously Published Work. Give us the new stuff.
- Fan Fiction. It’s great, but not our thing.
- Gratuitous Pornography, Unnecessary Violence, Political Extremism, or Hate Speech.
Email submissions as attachments to email@example.com
* Format– doc, docx, rtf, txt, odt
**Please no PDFs
In the subject line, include your Full Name, and “Title”.
e.g. John Brown, “The Red Room”
In the body of the email, include a short query letter explaining what you have and why we want it, a word count, and a third-person author biography (with links to your personal pages or social media) of no more than 150 words.
Submissions are accepted year round, and will be considered for whichever issue is upcoming.
Responses will come 1-2 weeks before the issue releases, see schedule below.
- Spring Issue: April 1st
- Summer Issue: July 1st
- Fall Issue: October 1st
- Winter Issue: January 1st
SUBMIT A BOOK FOR REVIEW:
Email a query to firstname.lastname@example.org with information about your novel including Title, Genre, Publisher, Publication Date, Length, and Cover Art. If the book is approved, you will be contacted with further instructions.
*New, speculative fiction only.
For non-submission inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com