-Submissions for our FALL ISSUE are now OPEN until September 15th-
WHAT WE WANT
Horror | Science Fiction | Fantasy
Short Stories and Flash Fiction
Creative Nonfiction and Essays
Please read the guidelines below before submitting
also, THE FINE PRINT
WHAT WE EXPECT:
- All submissions MUST represent speculative themes (Horror, Science Fiction, Fantasy, etc.).
- All submissions MUST be in proper manuscript format. If you don’t know, look it up.
- All submissions MUST be professional, polished, and well-edited.
- All submissions MUST meet the following size restrictions:
- Flash Fiction– 300-1000 words.
- Short Stories– 5,000 word maximum.
- Blogs and Essays– 3,000 word maximum.
WHAT WE DON’T WANT:
- Off Theme Writing. Nonfiction included.
- Previously Published Work. Give us the new stuff.
- Fan Fiction. It’s great, but not our thing.
- Gratuitous Pornography, Unnecessary Violence, Political Extremism, or Hate Speech.
Email submissions as attachments to email@example.com
* Format– doc, docx, rtf, txt, odt
In the subject line, include your Full Name, Category, and “Title”.
e.g. John Brown, Fiction, “The Red Room”
In the body of the email, include a short query letter explaining what you have and why we want it, a word count, and a third-person author biography (with links to your personal pages or social media) of no more than 200 words.
*It is not necessary, but if you have a particular image that you would like to be used for your cover art, feel free to include it! Sources are required if you do not own the image.
We accept submissions year round, and will be considered for the whichever issue is upcoming.
Responses will come 1-2 weeks before the issue, see release schedule below.
- Spring Issue: April 1st
- Summer Issue: July 1st
- Fall Issue: October 1st
- Winter Issue: January 1st
SUBMIT A BOOK FOR REVIEW:
Email a query to firstname.lastname@example.org with information about your novel including Title, Genre, Publisher, Publication Date, Length, and Cover Art. If the book is approved, you will be contacted with further instructions.
*New, speculative fiction only.