WHAT WE WANT
Of course! Short stories and flash fiction!
Yup! Stay on theme and get your blog on!
Sure! Put that brain to use and let us have it!
Submissions are ALWAYS open
Please read THE FINE PRINT before submitting.
WHAT WE EXPECT:
- All submissions MUST represent speculative themes (Horror, Science Fiction, Fantasy, etc.).
- All submissions MUST be in proper manuscript format. If you don’t know, look it up.
- All submissions MUST be professional, polished, and well-edited.
- All submissions MUST meet the following size restrictions:
- Flash Fiction– 300 word minimum.
- Short Stories– 6,000 word maximum.
- Blogs and Essays– 2,000 word maximum.
Email submissions as attachments to email@example.com
* Format– doc, docx, rtf, txt, odt
In the subject line, include your Full Name, Category, and “Title”.
e.g. Brown John, Fiction, “The Red Room”
In the body of the email, include a short query letter explaining what you have and why we want it, a word count, and a third-person author biography (with links to your personal pages or social media) of no more than 200 words.
*If you have a particular image that you would like to be used for your cover art, please include it!
WHAT WE DON’T WANT:
- Previously Published Work. Give us the new stuff.
- Fan Fiction. It’s great, but not our thing.
- Gratuitous Pornography, Unnecessary Violence, Political Extremism, or Hate Speech.
- Spring Release: April 1st
- Summer Release: July 1st
- Fall Release: October 1st
- Winter Release: January 1st
- Every time!
- All of the time!
- As many times as possible!